Advanced Coatings and Analytical Methods
May 2-3, 2019
CONTENT: Paints, Inks, Adhesives, and Specialty Coatings based on polymer nanocomposites, organic-inorganic hybrid materials, alloys, and 2-D nanomaterials are some of the most important developments in creating smart coatings that are capable of self-healing, superhydrophobicity, field stimuli-responsiveness, sensory functions, and high performance under extreme conditions. This translates to toughened properties for anti-corrosion, high resistance to abrasion, de-icing properties, stability under multiphase fluids, and high barrier function. On the other hand, high transparency, controlled conductivity, and anti-scratch resistance are important for manufacturing and other consumer demands including flexible electronics and displays. It is important to understand not only the fundamentals of coatings and thin film methods but also the synergistic functionalities that contribute to overall long-term performance and cost-effectiveness. It will be of high interest to understand the commonalities and requirements in coatings, printing, biomedical applications, barrier packaging, optical, and solid-state device coatings.
RELEVANCE: This conference is open to both the novice and the highly experienced researcher. For the researcher, it will connect real-world applications with interdisciplinary science, new technology platforms, and investigative methods. It is highly valued by technical and marketing managers in the new knowledge gained on upcoming materials and methods. The participant will learn the new developments in coatings application technologies and the use of smart additives and new formulations including nanomaterials. On the other hand, it is also a training venue for mastering the fundamentals of coatings technology, characterization techniques, corrosion evaluation, metrology, manufacturing, etc. in a relatively short time.
NETWORKING: The conference has been highly valued for the networking opportunities between experts and decision makers in R&D both in industry and academia. It will provide opportunities to meet with different companies, manufacturers, and solution providers in materials, formulations, analytical methods, and project development services.
This workshop will cover:
1. Advanced polymer materials and hybrid materials in coatings introduction.
2. Barrier materials and thermo-mechanical properties in coatings, adhesives, and packaging
3. New Coating and ultrathin film deposition methods: architectural, electronics, to biomedical.
4. Biomedical, Controlled release, and Anti-microbial coatings
5. Corrosion mitigation, anti-fouling, and investigative methods.
6. Methods of coatings characterization including failure analysis in thin films.
7. Superhydrophobicity in coatings and separation applications
8. Nanotechnology platforms in additives, inks, and coatings nanocomposites
9. Optical Display, Flexible Electronics, and Solid-state Applications
10. High-performance materials and protective coatings in extreme environments
11. Lifetime cycle assessment (LCA) and cost-effectiveness in coatings development
12. Standards and Testing methods of coating materials
This will be a two-day Conference-Training meeting and premier networking event that will draw participants from many in the industry: chemical companies, academia, researchers, coatings experts, formulators, converters, applicators.
Certificate of Completion given.
Question and Answer Sessions.
Networking Opportunities - chemical R & D divisions, coatings companies, chemical suppliers, and manufacturing companies
EXHIBITION of New Instrumentation and Products from selected exhibitors (15 slots only).
-Exhibitor/Networking OPEN to the public with Registration (lunch included).
Please contact organizer, e-mail: email@example.com, for more details.
PARTICIPANTS -Workshop Registration is limited to first 75 participants (meals and evening reception included)
DISCOUNT -Group Discount rate available for 5 or more attendees
ACADEMICS -Discount for Academics: Professors, Post-Docs, Students (1 Day registration and attend both days). Please indicate in the registration.
E-mail us: Please contact organizer, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org